DOMESTIC EPC provided by your local Energy Assessor Inverness & Highland
"Inverness Energy Report - improve your energy efficiency in the Highlands"
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives you information about the energy efficiency of the domestic property you want to rent or purchase.
An EPC is required when a building is constructed, rented or sold. A building will need an EPC if it has a roof and walls and uses energy to 'condition an indoor climate'. This means it has some form of Heating, Air Conditioning or Mechanical Ventilation.
EPCs are similar to the Energy Performance Certificates that are now provided with domestic appliances such as refrigerators and washing machine.
- Information on your home's Energy Efficiency Rating (this is based on how much the home would cost to run). The higher the rating the more energy efficient the home is and the lower the fuel bills will be; and
- The Environmental Impact Rating (this is based on how much Carbon Dioxide Emissions (CO2) is released into the environment because of the home). The higher the rating the less impact the home has on the environment.
- The rating is based on factors such as the age, property layout, construction, heating, lighting and insulation; with comparisons made between the current ratings and potential figures that your home could achieve.
- The rating measures are graded from 'A' to 'G', the latter 'G' being the least efficient. The ratings are standard which allows the energy efficiency of one property to be easily compared with another. The typical rating for a home is ‘D’ or ‘E’ and ‘B’ for newer properties.
- A Recommendations Report is appended and forms part of the certificate with suggestions to reduce Energy use and CO2s; these could indicate various home improvements, such as Wall & Loft Insulation, possible Cost Savings per year, if the improvements are made and how the Property Ratings would change.
You don't have to act on the recommendations in the Recommendations Report. However, should you decide to do so, it would make your property more attractive for sale or rent by making it more Energy Efficient.
Evening and Weekend appointments available.
Mobile: 07909 114 117